Reports To: President
Reporting Employees: None
Work Schedule: As Arranged
Exemption Status: Exempt (Salary Non-Managerial)
The Account Specialist is responsible for generating revenue utilizing a consultative selling approach in the sale of hospitality industry furniture and case goods to hotels, resorts, government institutions, and potentially restaurants. This Employee-Owner is primarily responsible for utilizing excellent in-depth knowledge of Foldcraft products to maintain business relationships with Foldcraft customers; support customer interactions from the order entry process to the delivery of the products. This position works to continually develop business relationships with their assigned customers and deliver a world-class customer experience. A successful Account Specialist consistently meets or exceeds weekly and monthly sales activity goals as well as establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction in all sales transactions.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Identify revenue opportunities within assigned territories through communications with prospective clients, marketing programs and other activities as needed.
- Handles all customer communications within company standards, in a prompt, efficient, knowledgeable and professional manner for assigned accounts.
- Provides expert product selection assistance helping the customer choose the product that is best fit for use.
- Ensures that requests for quote(s) are answered promptly by either preparing the quote personally or working with internal team members to ensure a timely and accurate response.
- Ensures that requests for design and layout services are answered promptly by either pulling existing drawings or working with internal team members.
- Provides customer with literature, samples, and product information as requested through designated process.
- Checks quote log and follows up on quotes that have been issued at regular intervals.
- Promptly contacts the customer at each stage of the quote process according to Foldcraft service standards.
- Remains alert for potential add-on sales opportunities with new or modified product.
- Contributes to periodic sharing of new competitive information and feedback within the industry with sales team.
- Supports overall sales efforts in US and foreign markets by building and maintaining relationships with current and prospective accounts as well as forming new partnerships for Foldcraft leveraging our core competencies.
- Maintain existing/prospective client records, in accordance with company policies, to include: call notes, scheduled client interactions, contact information, and other relevant client information, in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system; currently SalesForce.com.
- Travel to various Trade Shows throughout the year as a company representative.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required demands include:
- Must be able to sit at desk for an eight-hour shift (with intermittent movement)
- Occasionally will be required to lift objects up to 50 pounds
- Full use of arms and hands to reach overhead, forward, and out to the sides to lift, rotate, carry, etc. wood products, tools, and equipment
- See, hear and communicate with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions
- Must be alert and aware of surrounding for safety concerns
The work environment for this position is primarily in an office setting with standard office equipment available. The employee-owner must also follow allow company safety procedures. Some outside travel is required for tradeshows.
- Required Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience.
- Experience: 3-5 years in customer service role with demonstrated excellent customer service abilities both in verbal and written (English) forms with emphasis on detail, accuracy, and promptness.
- Possess ability to prospect and manage a designated territory to maximize revenue growth.
- Ability to learn and maintain a working knowledge of product line
- Ability to articulate and communicate the value proposition of products provide in customer-specific presentations
- Excellent grasp of the consultative sales process
- Exhibits enthusiasm for satisfying the customer and being part of the team
- Entrepreneurial attitude and familiarity with the strategies and tactics needed to develop and grow new business opportunities, while enjoys engagement in team sales structure
- Exceptional organizational, communication and presentation skills; strong written and verbal communication and analysis skills required accompanied with a persona of a high character teammate
- Ability to thrive in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Excellent negotiating skills and the ability to be highly persuasive when working with customers is essential
- The incumbent must be skilled at developing realistic sales plans that generate sales growth
- Must be well-composed while under pressure maintaining positive attitude at all times
- Self-starter with strong problem solving skills and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse environment with all levels of employees
- Demonstrable experience with PC’s, must be proficient with Microsoft Office products and capable of being quickly proficient in Vantage (company ERP) and CRM systems
- The incumbent must reside within a reasonable distance of the Phoenix, AZ area to service this location
- Travel: 10% to tradeshows as necessary
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Foldcraft Co. reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at their discretion. The job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.