Accounts Receivable Specialist
Department: Corporate Executive Team
Reports To: Credit Manager
Reporting Employees: None
Work Schedule: 7AM-3:30PM, Monday-Friday. Overtime will be requested based upon business need and may be mandatory.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
This Employee-Owner is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of customer sales invoices, cash receipts, A/R collections and credit memos to ensure proper payment and account assignment and for providing other accounting and clerical support as needed.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Process customer sales invoices and associated shipping documents in an accurate and timely manner.
- Enter freight bills into Accounts Payable on a weekly basis.
- Maintain sales tax exemption certificates and file MN Sales Tax Reports
- Process cash receipts in an accurate and timely manner.
- Process credit memos and assist with customer rebates.
- Assists with Accounts Receivables collections to help ensure faster collections.
- Provides back up support to the Credit Manager.
- Holds Company information confidential and uses discretion at all times.
- Performs accurate, timely accounting activities in support of corporate and business unit objectives.
- Assist in period closing activities.
- Provides assistance to others in the department and seeks out cross-training opportunities.
- Contributes to the overall Company productivity.
- Completes analysis of account/projects as assigned.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required demands include:
- Must be able to sit at desk for an eight-hour shift (with intermittent movement)
- Occasionally will be required to lift objects up to 50 pounds
- Full use of arms and hands to reach overhead, forward, and out to the sides to lift, rotate, carry, etc. wood products, tools, and equipment
- See, hear and communicate with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions
- Must be alert and aware of surrounding for safety concerns
The work environment for this position is primarily in an office setting. As Foldcraft Co. is a manufacturer of furniture, the employee-owner could also be exposed to dust, various temperatures, fumes and loud noise in the manufacturing setting. Due to periodic time spent on the manufacturing floor, the employee-owner must be able to tolerate some exposure to these work place characteristics. The employee-owner must also follow allow company safety procedures, including wearing required personal protective equipment while on the production floor.
- Preferred Education: Associate’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience is required.
- Preferred Experience: A minimum of 1 to 3 years’ experience in accounts receivables, credit or collections.
- Must possess basic knowledge of sales tax and reporting.
- Strong understanding and knowledge pertaining to credit collections and payment authorization including general ledgers and accounting principles.
- Knowledge of analyzing credit reports and determining credit limits for customers.
- Must have a basic comprehension of accounting and general ledgers.
- Act like an employee-owner by fulfilling the commitments you make, treating everyone with the respect they deserve, promoting positive team performance and effective work performances and upholding the values of an employee-owner through words and actions.
- Strong customer services skills and ability to handle difficult collection calls in a professional demeanor.
- Self-starter with strong problem solving skills, ability to multi-task, effective organizational skills and strong attention to detail with accuracy.
- Must have a continuous improvement mindset and familiar with performing root-cause analysis to quickly resolve problems and create efficiencies in processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse environment with all levels of employees.
- Knowledge of personal computers and office machinery. Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word; capable of quickly becoming proficient with Foldcraft Co. Enterprise Resource Systems (ERP) systems.
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual performance.
- Must maintain safe maintenance practices and adhere to safety requirements.
- Must reside within a reasonable distance of the Kenyon, MN area to service this location.
- Travel: Must be willing to travel to other Minnesota manufacturing operations occasionally (25%).
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Foldcraft Co. reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at their discretion. The job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.