Customer Support Representative
Department: Sales or Admin
Reports To: Customer Support Manager
Reporting Employees: None
Work Schedule: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm or some variation thereof based on customer and team needs, Monday-Friday. Overtime will be requested based upon business need and may be mandatory.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
This Employee-Owner is primarily responsible for utilizing knowledge of Foldcraft products to maintain business relationships with Foldcraft customers through execution of timely order entry to satisfactory delivery of Foldcraft products and services.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Creates value for Foldcraft through outstanding customer support services through a high degree of customer responsiveness and satisfaction.
- Enters orders received for assigned customers in a timely and accurate manner according to Foldcraft service standards; thoroughly reviews customers’ orders to ensure they are complete and accurate.
- Handles all customer communications within Foldcraft standards, in a prompt, efficient, knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Provides product selection assistance helping the customer choose the product that is best fit for use; leverages experience of Account Specialist as needed.
- Ensures that requests for quotes are answered promptly by either preparing the quote personally or working with internal team members to ensure a timely and accurate response.
- Ensures that requests for design and layout services are answered promptly by either pulling existing drawings or working with internal team members.
- Maintains documentation of key customer correspondence according to Foldcraft processes and procedures
- Provides customer with literature, samples, and product information as requested through designated process
- Checks quote log and follows up on quotes that have been issued at regular intervals.
- Promptly contacts the customer at each stage of the quote process according to Foldcraft service standards.
- Remains alert for potential add-on sales opportunities with new or modified product.
- Other projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required demands include:
- Must be able to sit at desk for an eight-hour shift (with intermittent movement)
- Occasionally will be required to lift objects up to 50 pounds
- Full use of arms and hands to reach overhead, forward, and out to the sides to lift, rotate, carry, etc. wood products, tools, and equipment
- See, hear and communicate with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions
- Must be alert and aware of surrounding for safety concerns
About the work environment
The work environment for this position is primarily in an office setting. As Foldcraft Co. is a manufacturer of furniture, the employee-owner could also be exposed to dust, various temperatures, fumes and loud noise in the manufacturing setting. Due to periodic time spent on the manufacturing floor, the employee-owner must be able to tolerate some exposure to these work place characteristics. The employee-owner must also follow allow company safety procedures, including wearing required personal protective equipment while on the production floor.
- Education: high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 1-3 years in customer service role with demonstrated excellent customer service abilities both in verbal and written (English) forms with emphasis on detail, accuracy, and promptness
- Ability to quickly become familiar with Foldcraft’s broad product line including knowledge of product, catalogue, options pricing and product applications
- Ability to quickly understand furniture manufacturing process within Foldcraft’s production function
- Exhibits enthusiasm for satisfying the customer and being part of the team
- Must tirelessly uphold and promote the positive image of the Foldcraft brand
- Strong written and verbal communication and analysis skills required accompanied with a persona of a high character teammate
- Must have well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to “read” the personality of the customer and be alert and inquisitive to identify customer needs
- Must be well-composed while under pressure maintaining positive attitude at all times
- Self-starter with strong problem solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse environment with all levels of employees
- Good organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a demanding, fast-paced environment maintaining composure and positive attitude at all times
- Work collaboratively in a diverse environment with all levels of employees
- Strong computer, keyboarding, and office machinery (copier, fax, scanner) skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office and ERP systems
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual performance
- Must maintain safe maintenance practices and adhere to safety requirements
- The incumbent must reside within a reasonable distance of service location
- Travel: Minimal travel to none
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Foldcraft Co. reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at their discretion. The job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.