East US Territory Sales Representative
East US Region
Reports To: Regional Sales Manager
Reporting Employees: None
Work Schedule: As Arranged
Exemption Status: Exempt (Salary)
This Employee-Owner is accountable for the development and execution of Foldcraft’s selling strategy resulting in consistent sales growth within their assigned sales territory – Kentucky, Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, and D.C. The incumbent is responsible for developing new customer accounts and continually growing sales with existing customers.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Works with Regional Sales Manager and sales team to create and execute territory plan for increasing sales and growing market position within the Restaurant, Foodservice, Hospitality, Healthcare, OEM and Education markets.
- Work independently and with company business development resources to develop and execute prospecting strategies to identify, qualify and close new business.
- Prepare accurate quotes for customers in a timely manner. Manage projects from quote stage through delivery and installation.
- Uses company CRM software to log sales calls, maintain prospect and customer information and track opportunities in the sales pipeline.
- Conducts presentations to educate existing and potential customers, designers, architects, dealers, end users, and others of our product capabilities and services.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent articulation of desired brand image and position throughout the market.
- Builds and maintains relationships with new and existing customers, product specifiers, and other key relationships via personal meetings, telephone, and e-mail; actively participates in trade shows and promotions as requested by Regional Sales Manager.
- In coordination with the Regional Sales Manager, develop and submit expense budgets and revenue projections for assigned customers.
- Remains alert for potential sales opportunities with new or modified products; recommend new products to add to our product offering portfolio to Regional Sales Manager.
- Investigate and resolve customer issues that could not be resolved by the Customer Support Manager; communicates customer service or product complaints to Regional Sales Manager as necessary.
- Develops a working relationship with Production and other internal departments to deliver the most efficient customer care and service; serves as liaison between Production and customers as necessary.
- Contributes to periodic sharing of new competitive information and feedback within the industry with sales team.
- Offer new ideas to support fulfillment of department goals and procedures to Regional Sales Manager for continuous improvement, retention and expansion of customer base, and company profitability.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures through attendance at all Sales meetings.
- Participate in the selection and on-boarding of new employees within the sales and customer support departments; actively involved in the proper training and development of new employees as requested.
- Tirelessly promote and support the Foldcraft family of brands, creating recognition and awareness throughout the furniture marketplace; identifies and attends trade shows and other promotional mediums to support our brand.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
The employee-owner is expected to progressively develop skills, knowledge, and abilities within the Territory Sales Representative role and as the business needs change. Advancement may be attained based upon the following but not limited to:
- Demonstrable advanced selling strategies
- Demonstrable advanced level communication skills
- Demonstrable advanced product knowledge
- Demonstrable advanced business acumen skills
- Demonstrable advanced lean office skills
- Demonstrable abilities/proficient beneficial to Foldcraft in addition to those not covered in essential duties and responsibilities
Advancement may also be attained through transition of other roles within the Sales functions or into other areas within the business.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required demands include:
- Must be able to sit at desk for an eight-hour shift (with intermittent movement)
- Occasionally will be required to lift objects up to 50 pounds
- Full use of arms and hands to reach overhead, forward, and out to the sides to lift, rotate, carry, etc. wood products, tools, and equipment
- See, hear and communicate with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions
- Must be alert and aware of surrounding for safety concerns
The work environment for this position is primarily in an office setting. As Foldcraft Co. is a manufacturer of furniture, the employee-owner could also be exposed to dust, various temperatures, fumes and loud noise in the manufacturing setting. Due to periodic time spent on the manufacturing floor, the employee-owner must be able to tolerate some exposure to these work place characteristics. The employee-owner must also follow allow company safety procedures, including wearing required personal protective equipment while on the production floor.
- Education: 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: 5+ years B2B sales experience.
- Possess ability to prospect and manage a designated territory to maximize revenue growth.
- Ability to learn and maintain a working knowledge of Foldcraft’s broad product line
- Ability to articulate and communicate the value proposition Foldcraft products provide in customer- specific presentations
- Genuine passion and enthusiasm for showcasing Foldcraft’s products
- Excellent grasp of the consultative sales process.
- Exhibits enthusiasm for satisfying the customer and being part of the team.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and familiarity with the strategies and tactics needed to develop and grow new business opportunities, while enjoys engagement in team sales structure.
- Willingness to continuously learn and improve
- Exceptional organizational, communication and presentation skills; strong written and verbal communication and analysis skills required accompanied with a persona of a high character teammate
- Ability to thrive in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Excellent negotiating skills and the ability to be highly persuasive when working with customers is essential
- The incumbent must be skilled at developing realistic sales plans that generate real sales growth.
- Must be well-composed while under pressure maintaining positive attitude at all times
- Self-starter with strong problem solving skills and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse environment with all levels of employees.
- This position requires an individual who is a self-starter and can work independently but also in a team environment that requires cross training, open communication, and team development activities
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual performance.
- Must maintain safe maintenance practices and adhere to safety requirements.
- Demonstrable experience with PC’s, must be proficient with Microsoft Office products and capable of being quickly proficient in Vantage (company ERP) and CRM systems.
- The incumbent must reside within the assigned sales territory.
- Travel: Frequent travel up to 75% of the time.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Foldcraft Co. reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at their discretion. The job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.