HR Generalist / Payroll
The HR Generalist will coordinate and manage the daily administration of the company’s human resources policies and programs at the Kenyon location, including total rewards management, payroll administration, performance management, and employee relations. The HR Generalist will serve the needs of employee-owners by providing timely and accurate human resources services while complying with all local, state, federal, and corporate requirements. This will ensure that Human Resources Department is an essential, effective, and ethical partner in developing and executing organizational objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Administrator for weekly payroll processing and administration completed in a timely fashion, in compliance with legal requirements and internal integrity.
2. Interfaces with payroll providers as required for assistance and/or to confirm accurate delivery of payroll.
3. Responsible for integrity of the data, continuously recommending improvements to processes to ensure data is captured timely, is secure, and is free of error.
4. Partners with the Accounting team to provide payroll data reports needed to support business objectives.
5. Serves as a first point of contact for employee-owners to address questions regarding pay and benefit deductions; resolves any issues timely as may appear.
6. Complete and leads special projects related to payroll data upon request.
1. Facilitates new hire benefits orientation and handbook meetings for Minnesota locations.
2. Administer employee benefits according to corporate HR requirements including: communicate to newly eligible; obtain benefits forms, process benefit forms, address employee benefit questions and assist with open enrollment.
3. Respond to all unemployment claim requests; represent company at all unemployment hearings, as necessary.
4. Safeguard personal employee information in compliance with all local, state, and federal laws including HIPPA.
5. Forward any benefit concerns or questions unable to resolve to Human Resources Manager promptly
1. Upon absence of HR Manager or Director of Human Resources, provides Level 1 support to employee inquiries about company policies and guidelines, including compensation, benefits, leaves of absences, terminations, job postings, new employee orientation, training programs, and personnel records and transactions.
2. Stay abreast of the employee relations climate to ensure solutions to problems can be developed while issues are minor; mediate employee issues maintaining confidentiality and involving other corporate leadership as required.
3. Assist in organization and planning of employee celebration events.
1. Process employment verification requests of all types for active and inactive employees within 24 hours of receiving inquiry.
2. Process requests for background check and pre-employment physical and drug screen with appropriate vendor.
3. All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required demands include:
• Must be able to sit at desk for an eight-hour shift (with intermittent movement)
• Occasionally will be required to lift objects up to 50 pounds
• Full use of arms and hands to reach overhead, forward, and out to the sides to lift, rotate, carry, etc. wood products, tools, and equipment
• See, hear and communicate with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions
Education: High School diploma plus at least 2 years post-secondary education.
Experience: 3-5 years of HR benefits and payroll
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• ADP Payroll system preferred.
• Must have strong working knowledge of employment legislation impacting payroll and benefits.
• Needs excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening), as well as has the ability to coach, mentor, and influence others.
• Approachable, energetic personality required
• Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as familiarity with payroll processing and benefits systems. Prior experience with ADP Workforce Now payroll and benefits software required or ability to quickly learn.
• This position requires an individual who is a self-starter and can work independently but also in a team environment that requires cross training, open communication, and team development activities.
• Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual performance.
• Work collaboratively in a diverse environment with all levels of employees while maintaining high level of confidentiality.
• Must maintain safe maintenance practices and adhere to safety requirements.
• The incumbent must reside within a reasonable distance of the service location.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Plymold reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at their discretion. The job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.