Reports To: Director of Contracts & Administration
Work Schedule: 7:00AM - 3:30PM or some variation thereof based on customer and team needs. M-F. Overtime will be requested based upon business need and may be mandatory.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
The Payroll/Administrative Assistant performs tasks to establish and maintain employee/payroll records. This position is responsible for checking and auditing timekeeping records for compliance with established standards, maintaining time and attendance records. As well, the employee-owner will co-administer the benefits function and worker’s compensation for the company in compliance with federal regulations, state regulations and company policy.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Daily input of time cards.
- Review timecards with supervisors when there are discrepancies regarding arithmetic, overtime, shift differentials, or reasons for absences, either paid or unpaid.
- Enter work hours, vacation hours and PTO hours on weekly payroll worksheets. Balance worksheets against Vantage Labor Edit Report.
- Enter hours on New Project Schedule Recap on a weekly basis.
- Arrange for employee reimbursements.
- Maintain vacation/PTO recap spreadsheet.
- Distribute payroll checks.
- Distribute employment forms to all new employees. Verify employment forms are completed correctly; then forward enrollment forms to Human Resources.
- Record changes in employee information (e.g., change of address, departmental transfers, terminations, etc.) and forward to Human Resources department for payroll update.
- Forward child support deductions and garnishments to the HR department.
- Update Personnel Contact Information spreadsheet and notify HR/Payroll of any changes.
- Notify Human Resources of terminations.
Employee Benefit Duties
- Conduct orientation with new hires to present corporate enrollment information. Verify enrollment forms are completed correctly; then forward enrollment forms to Human Resources.
- During open enrollment, set up and conduct employee meetings to review benefit programs. Verify enrollment forms are completed correctly; then forward enrollment forms to Human Resources.
- Administer provided Employee Benefit forms provided by Human Resources. Verify enrollment forms are completed correctly; then forward enrollment forms to Human Resources.
Account Payable Clerk Duties
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to input.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice(s).
- Daily posting of vendor invoices.
- Serves as back up to the Accounts Payable Coordinator position.
- Complete Treatment Authorization form, give to employee and send to clinic.
- Provide Workers’ Compensation Claim Form to employee for completion.
- Submit injury related forms to management for review, prior to submittal to Human Resources.
Licenses/Permit Maintenance Duties
- Collect Daily Spray Log and assist with monthly and yearly report submission with U.S. Compliance.
- Assist Production Manager with the compilation of the Hazardous Waste Submission with U.S. Compliance.
- Responsible for maintenance of WB Powell’s Communication Boards.
- Greet visitors and answer phones.
- Order office supplies.
- Responsible for the maintenance of office equipment, contacting for service or supplies.
- Type letters and memos, post and distribute.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, utilizing USPS, UPS, or FedEx.
- Print stamps from Stamps.com.
- Assist with transmittals and the shipping of product samples.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required demands include:
- Must be able to sit at desk for an eight-hour shift (with intermittent movement)
- Occasionally will be required to lift objects up to 50 pounds
- Full use of arms and hands to reach overhead, forward, and out to the sides to lift, rotate, carry, etc. wood products, tools, and equipment
- See, hear and communicate with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions
- Must be alert and aware of surrounding for safety concerns
The work environment for this position is primarily in an office setting. As WB Powell is a manufacturer of custom cabinetry, architectural millwork, and casework products; the incumbent could also be exposed to dust, various temperatures, fumes and loud noise in the manufacturing setting. Due to periodic time spent on the manufacturing floor, the incumbent must be able to tolerate some exposure to these work place characteristics. The incumbent must also follow allow company safety procedures, including wearing required personal protective equipment while on the production floor.
- Education: Formal education (i.e. 2 year degree) beyond high school or comparable work experience is preferred as background for this position.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentially in handling payroll items on a daily basis.
- Professional demeanor who stays well-composed while under pressure maintaining positive attitude at all times in a demanding, fast-paced environment managing multiple projects at one time.
- Go-getter personality who has the ability to learn new processes quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and analysis skills required accompanied with a persona of a high character teammate.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse environment with all levels of employees.
- Must maintain safe maintenance practices and adhere to safety requirements.
- Demonstrable experience with PCs; must be proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word.
- Capable of quickly becoming proficient with Foldcraft Co. enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Epicor Vantage is an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system that meets the needs of progressive make-to-order and mixed-mode manufacturing companies.
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual performance.
- Self-starter with strong problem solving skills and ability to multi-task.
- Reliability in checking own work to ensure accuracy.
- Have the ability to make decisions on basic tasks and ask for help or guidance when needed.
- The incumbent must reside within a reasonable distance of the Norco, CA area to service this location.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. WB Powell reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at their discretion. The job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.