Department: Process Build
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Reporting Employees: None
Work Schedule: 2:30am - 1:00pm; Monday - Thursday or variation thereof; Overtime will be requested based upon business needs and may be mandatory.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
This Employee-Owner is accountable for performing a wide range of building and equipment maintenance functions throughout the plant. Cross training in many maintenance functions and implementing a PM/TPM will take place as our business changes and new requirements are identified.
essential job responsibilities
Machine Maintenance: repairs and provides the preventative maintenance for much of the production machinery used in the plant, including but not limited to the following:
- Oiling and greasing equipment as required by PM schedule
- Changing filters and cleaning equipment when necessary
- Replacing worn or defective parts
- Rebuilding machines to insure productivity is maintained
- Trouble shooting problems with any machine that is not functioning properly
- Forklift maintenance including repairs and rebuilds
Plant Equipment: Assists in the repair and maintenance of many of the systems in place throughout the plant, including but not limited to the following systems:
- Air conditioning and heating systems.
- High and low pressure steam boiler operation.
- Make up air units.
- Boiler and steam lines.
- Dust collection system including central and individual
- Fire protection systems.
- Conveyor lines and tables.
- Parts washer and ovens.
- Air compressor and associated equipment.
- Security systems.
- Paging and phone systems including running of IT cables
Building Maintenance: Performs a wide variety of building maintenance duties as assigned, including assignments in the following areas:
- Painting both inside and outside
- Working with city water and waste disposal systems
- Electrical distribution within the plant including troubleshooting and repair
- Parking lot repairs and upkeep
- Snow removal
- Carpentry and cement work.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
physical requirements of the job
To perform this job successfully; the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employee-owners with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required demands include:
- Manual dexterity -- Ability to be able to move your hands quickly to grasp, manipulate, or assemble
- Extent Flexibility -- The ability to bend stretches, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Typically bends, stoops, and turns/pivots to move perform production activities.
- Trunk Strength -- The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
- Static Strength -- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects up to 70 pounds on a rare basis, 21-50 pounds occasionally, and up to 20 pounds on a frequent basis. Typically pushes, pulls, and grasps wood products to complete production tasks. A 2-person lift is required for anything over 50 pounds.
- Stamina -- The ability to exert you physically over long periods of time without getting winded or out of breath; must be able to walk/stand for the duration of the assigned shift in intervals of 3-4 hours in department assigned.
- Dynamic Strength -- The ability to exert muscle force repeatedly or continuously over time. This involves muscular endurance and resistance to muscle fatigue.
- Multi-limb Coordination -- The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting or standing. Typically requires full use of arms and hands to reach overhead, forward, and out to the sides to lift, rotate, carry, etc. wood products and/or tools.
- Gross Body Coordination -- The ability to coordinate the movement of your arms, legs, and torso together when the whole body is in motion while performing production functions.
- See, Hear and Communicate -- Sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions.
about the work environment
As Foldcraft Co. is a manufacturer of furniture; the employee-owner could also be exposed to dust, various temperatures, fumes and loud noise in the manufacturing setting. Due to periodic time spent on the manufacturing floor, the employee-owner must be able to tolerate some exposure to these work place characteristics. The employee- owner must also follow allow company safety procedures, including wearing required personal protective equipment while on the production floor.
- Education: Required GED or High School Diploma. Preferred: Associate’s Degree in Maintenance Technology or equivalent degree or diploma.
- Experience: 3- 5 years hands-on manufacturing maintenance experience with a background working on machines, motors, hydraulics, boilers, etc.
- Second Class Engineer B High Pressure Boiler or the ability to obtain certification within 1 year of employment.
- Previous experience with welding, and fabricating equipment, jigs, and dies using metal, wood, and plastics.
- Working knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics. In addition, experience using: surface grinder, vertical mill, CNC vertical mill, lathe, and plasma cutter.
- Demonstrated ability to perform a wide variety of maintenance and operational tasks.
- Ability to work with power tools, small motorized equipment, and vehicles
- Ability to read blue prints and schematics
- Act like an employee-owner by fulfilling the commitments you make, treating everyone with the respect they deserve, promoting positive team performance and effective work performances and upholding the values of an employee-owner through words and actions
- Ability to work alone or as a team employee-owner with minimal supervision.
- Willing to work overtime as needed, and be able to work well under the pressure of deadlines.
- Adheres to established standard work process and fully understands established quality standards to assure company quality guidelines.
- Follows and adheres to all safety policies, abiding by MSDS procedures and following Right to Know, LOTO, and Confine Space guidelines. Maintains a safe and organizes work area.
- Actively submits suggestions that will improve standard operations and process instruction documents; contributes to and utilizes 5S principles on a daily basis.
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual performance.
- The employee-owner must reside within a reasonable distance of assigned location.
- Travel: Occasional travel up to 15% between MN locations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Foldcraft Co. reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at their discretion. The job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.