Production Operations Team Member - Plymold (Burnsville, MN)
Reports To: Team Lead
Reporting Employees: None
Work Schedule: A set work schedule as agreed upon.
A. 10hrs/day, 4 days/week
B. 8hrs/day, 5 days/week
C. Part-Time (less than 29 hours/week)
**Overtime may be required pending business need.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
The POTM is responsible for performing a variety of jobs involved in manufacturing of furniture products of varied complexity including manufacturing of product, equipment operation, warehousing operation, machine set-up, housekeeping, and basic preventative maintenance activity. The POTM will be expected to be cross- trained in multiple areas of manufacturing operations to improve the safety, quality, delivery and cost performance of Foldcraft.
essential DUTIES & responsibilities
As work activities vary by assigned work cell, frequency and duration of activities will fluctuate. The following is in no particular order and will be completed according to standard operating procedures:
- Perform fabrication of wood or metal furniture products such as chairs, tables, or cabinetry items using hand tool;
- Safely use hand tools such as hammer, staple gun, electric drill, nail gun, palm sander, and equipment typically found in woodshop;
- Varnish/stain wood products utilizing pneumatic equipment, rag, or as directed;
- Operate industrial sewing machinery;
- Perform basic preventative maintenance and trouble-shooting of equipment;
- Identify, inspect and report product defects;
- Prepare furniture for shipment;
- Accountable for performing manufacturing operations skills based upon work cell assigned;
- Achieves desired cycle time pace, quality standards, and safety procedures;
- Understand and use daily and weekly production schedules;
- Cross train in related functions and assist others in obtaining cross-functional capabilities;
- Foster a supportive work environment where you are stating daily: Let me help!
- Participate in team meetings and communicate across cells to assure effective operations function;
- Initiate and support continuous improvement and elimination of waste and variation in processes using established improvement processes; generate and document solutions and continuous improvement ideas in established manner;
- Possess and hold in good standing a Foldcraft Forklift Operator License upon request;
- Other duties/projects as assigned
POTMs will be expected to progressively develop skills, knowledge, and abilities based upon multiple work cell assignments. POTM will be expected to work to Level assigned, with goal to move to next level within identified timelines. As POTM advance levels, base hourly rate of pay will increase:
Level 1 - $13.00 per hour
Level 2 - $14.15 per hour
Level 3 - $15.39 per hour
Level 4 - $16.95 per hour
**Additional $1.00 per hour 2nd shift differential
physical requirements of the Job
To perform this job successfully, the employee-owner must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The demands described here are representative of those an employee-owner encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employee-owners with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required demands include:
- Manual dexterity -- Ability to be able to move your hands quickly to grasp, manipulate, or assemble
- Extent Flexibility -- The ability to bend stretches, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Typically bends, stoops, and turns/pivots to move perform production activities.
- Trunk Strength -- The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
- Static Strength -- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects up to 70 pounds on a rare basis, 21-50 pounds occasionally, and up to 20 pounds on a frequent basis. Typically pushes, pulls, and grasps wood products to complete production tasks. A 2-person lift is required for anything over 50 pounds.
- Stamina -- The ability to exert you physically over long periods of time without getting winded or out of breath; must be able to walk/stand for 10-12 hours per day in intervals of 3-4 hours in department assigned.
- Dynamic Strength -- The ability to exert muscle force repeatedly or continuously over time. This involves muscular endurance and resistance to muscle fatigue.
- Multi-limb Coordination -- The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting or standing. Typically requires full use of arms and hands to reach overhead, forward, and out to the sides to lift, rotate, carry, etc. wood products and/or tools.
- Gross Body Coordination -- The ability to coordinate the movement of your arms, legs, and torso together when the whole body is in motion while performing production functions.
- See, Hear and Communicate -- Sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions.
about the work environment
As Foldcraft Co. is a manufacturer of furniture; the employee-owner could also be exposed to dust, various temperatures, fumes and loud noise in the manufacturing setting. Due to periodic time spent on the manufacturing floor, the employee-owner must be able to tolerate some exposure to these work place characteristics. The employee-owner must also follow allow company safety procedures, including wearing required personal protective equipment while on the production floor.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Education: GED or High School Diploma preferred
- Experience: None
Prior use of wood shop tools including electric tools, staple gun, bandsaw, tablesaw, beltsander, palm sander, and tape measure preferred or must have ability to become proficient quickly
Prior experience within lean manufacturing setting preferred
Willing to work overtime as needed, and be able to work well under the pressure of deadlines
Ability to learn quickly and follow standard operating procedures
Fulfill the commitments you make and treat everyone with the respect they deserve
Uphol the values of Foldcraft through words and actions
Promote positive team performance and effective work performances
Ability to work alone or as a team with minimal supervision
Adhere to established standard work process and fully understand established quality standards
Follow and adhere to all safety policies, including maintaining a safe and organized work area
Actively submit suggestions that will improve standard operations
Demonstrable cognitive ability to read words in English, follow verbal and written instructions in English, and work independently
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in units of measure to 1/16”
Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual performance
Must reside within a reasonable distance of assigned location
Working knowledge of personal computers and office machinery preferred
- Travel: Minimal travel among MN plants
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Foldcraft Co. reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at their discretion. The job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.