Reports To: Senior Vice President/GM
Reporting Employees: None
Work Schedule: As arranged
Exemption Status: Exempt (Non-Managerial)
This employee is accountable for the management of multiple projects by accounting for all costs and deadlines associated with each project. Project management is required from award of the project to its completion including all specialty items through reviewing and comprehending customer specifications on architectural and interior design drawings to create a high level of customer satisfaction. The project Manager also develops new business and grows repeat business through relationships they cultivate with satisfied members of their customers' project teams. This incumbent will travel if necessary to customer sites and work with clients and their field personnel to address any issues or to obtain field dimensions of projects.
Essential duties & responsibilities
These responsibilities are in no particular order of importance. Accountable for Identify critical schedule milestones and create a plan to achieve them by dividing the project into necessary jobs for production and working with the plant to ensure the project is completed on time including:
- Clearly defining project objectives
- Duration of project including project phases and elements
- Clearly communicate to client about the schedule and plan for the project along with expectations for product.
- Throughout the project stages continue with follow up conversations with client on these expectations and as circumstances arise during the project.
- Resources needed to complete project including assigning personnel to phases and elements
- Determine with leadership, if any, which portions of the job will be produced internally and which will be subcontracted and work with appropriate parties to create arrangements to get the work done on or under budget and in a timely manner.
- Set expectations with Drafting regarding level of detail in the drawings and completion schedule for shop drawings. Review all shop drawings prior to submittal in order to make certain the drawings are drawn correctly and in accordance with project requirements.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards
- Recognize potential quality and cost problems that must be solved proactively and create a plan to identify them prior to production;
- Manage and coordinate change order requests during the project to ensure that they are approved prior to proceeding with said work. Follow up to make sure that all formal paperwork is received from the customer.
- Coordinate with purchasing to confirm essential materials and services have been purchased timely.
- Align with internal teammates regarding quality and schedule by working collaboratively together to mediate any issues and update them on circumstances or changes that arise during the project.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems
- Build future business relationships from successful completion of your projects and effective collaboration on projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL requirements of the job
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required demands include:
- Must be able to sit at desk for an eight-hour shift (with intermittent movement)
- Occasionally will be required to lift objects up to 50 pounds
- Full use of arms and hands to reach overhead, forward, and out to the sides to lift, rotate, carry, etc. wood products, tools, and equipment
- See, hear and communicate with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions
- Must be alert and aware of surrounding for safety concerns
WB Powell is a manufacturer of custom cabinetry products; the incumbent could also be exposed to dust, various temperatures, fumes and loud noise in the factory setting. Due to regular time spent on the factory floor, the incumbent must be able to tolerate some exposure to these work place characteristics. The incumbent must also follow all company safety procedures; including wearing required personal protective equipment while on the production floor.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 3+ years’ experience as a Project Manager
- Preferred: Experience project managing within industry of WB Powell; formal education beyond high school
- Critical: Must possess extensive and current knowledge of product, pricing options and product applications, along with understanding application and modification capabilities.
- Strong organizational and communication skills along with being a self-motivated problem solver
- Must possess ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects ranging from $500k to $2.5mil
- Proficiencies in reading architectural/interior design/construction drawings
- Good working knowledge and understanding of the construction industry/ job site operations along with competency in interior finish construction tools and equipment
- Strong ability to monitor and coordinate delivery, assembly, installation, and/or construction activities, ensure site measurements are accurate, understand cost impacts of labor efforts then identify and manage the scope of projects
- Must have well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to “read” the personality of the customer and be alert and inquisitive to identify customer needs.
- Professional demeanor who stays well-composed while under pressure maintaining positive attitude at all times in a demanding, fast-paced environment managing multiple projects at one time.
- Go-getter personality who has the ability to learn new processes quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication and analysis skills required accompanied with a persona of a high character teammate.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse environment with all levels of employees.
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual performance.
- Must maintain safe maintenance practices and adhere to safety requirements.
- Knowledge of personal computers and office machinery. Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word; capable of quickly becoming proficient with Foldcraft Enterprise Resource Systems (ERP) systems
- Must maintain safe maintenance practices and adhere to WB Powell and OSHA safety requirements
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual performance
- The incumbent must reside within a reasonable distance of the Corona, CA area to service this location.
- Travel 50% among vendors and customer sites as necessary.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. WB Powell reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at their discretion. The job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.