Department: Supply Chain
Reports To: Logistics Manager
Work Schedule: 6:00 - 4:30 Monday through Thursday with additional pending business need
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
The employee-owner is responsible for performing a variety of jobs involved in transportation and warehousing functions. Employee-owners will be cross-trained in multiple areas of these operations to improve the safety, quality, delivery and cost performance of Foldcraft.
The employee-owner(s) reports to the Logistics Manager. The employee-owner may provide training to other operators as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: These responsibilities are in no particular order of importance.
Provides support for daily transportation operations:
- Coordinate pick up schedules as needed with Logistic Companies and Carriers for outbound shipments.
- Responsible for creating all paperwork required for outbound shipments. Ex. Manifests, BOL, and Pack Slips.
- Gather weight and dimension information for 3rd party shipments. Communicate this information as needed to the Carrier or Logistic Company.
- Process shipments in the Vantage System including entering freight charges, tracking information, and correct Ship Via information.
- Processing of all shipping paperwork. Both outside the organization to Logistic Companies and Carriers, and inside the organization including following the standard filing processes.
- Communicate inside and outside the organization in a professional and clear way as needed.
- Update and maintain on time shipping information.
- Process US Mail and UPS shipments.
- Inspect and label received product.
- Receive shipments, Complete inventory transactions, and complete and close jobs in the ERP system.
- Work with Production as needed to prioritize and request jobs to be completed as needed to support shipping schedule.
- Process international shipments and complete all necessary documents.
- Set up future truck loads, and schedule live loads including containers.
- Complete freight quotes and approve assessorial requests like lift gates.
- Work with carriers to track shipments.
- Audit and code freight invoices.
- Understand our packaging program and load cubing.
- Help keep the weight and dimension information in our ERP system up to date.
- Perform accurate physical Cycle Counts with reporting, including review stock levels for reorder.
- Use Pallet Jack at times to move products.
- Ability to assist in training others and verify the quality of a trainee’s work. Promotes positive team performance and effective work performance.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in the organization.
- Demonstrates initiative and cross-trains to improve performance and flexibility.
- Exhibits sound judgment in completion of all work.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required demands include:
- Must be able to sit at desk for an eight-hour shift (with intermittent movement)
- Occasionally will be required to lift objects up to 50 pounds
- Full use of arms and hands to reach overhead, forward, and out to the sides to lift, rotate, carry, etc. wood products, tools, and equipment
- See, hear and communicate with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions
- Must be alert and aware of surrounding for safety concerns
The work environment for this position is a mix of a production and office setting. As Foldcraft Co. is a manufacturer of furniture, the incumbent could also be exposed to dust, various temperatures, fumes and loud noise in the manufacturing setting. Due to periodic time spent on the manufacturing floor, the incumbent must be able to tolerate some exposure to these workplace characteristics. The incumbent must also follow allow company safety procedures, including wearing required personal protective equipment while on the production floor.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Education: GED or High School Diploma preferred.
- Previous experience in an Administrative Role related to Transportation preferred.
- Experience: 3+ year solid work history with prior experience within lean manufacturing setting preferred.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal as you will be communicating both inside and outside the company daily.
- Act like an employee-owner by fulfilling the commitments you make, treating everyone with the respect they deserve, promoting positive team performance and effective work performances and upholding the values of an employee-owner through words and actions
- Ability to work alone or as a team employee-owner with minimal supervision.
- Willing to work overtime as needed and be able to work well under the pressure of deadlines.
- Adheres to established standard work process and fully understands established quality standards to assure company quality guidelines.
- Follows and adheres to all safety policies, including maintaining a safe and organized work area.
- Actively submits suggestions that will improve standard operations and process instruction documents; contributes to and utilizes 5S principles on a daily basis.
- Demonstrable cognitive ability to read words and numbers in English, follow verbal and written instructions in English, and work independently; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in units of measure to 1/16”.
- Solid working knowledge of personal computers and applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. Capable of quickly becoming proficient with Foldcraft Co ERP systems.
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual performance.
- The employee-owner must reside within a reasonable distance of assigned location.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Foldcraft Co. reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at their discretion. The job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.