Vice-President - Sales & Marketing
Apple Valley, MN
This employee-owner will design, develop, and lead Foldcraft’s marketing and sales efforts. The incumbent is ultimately accountable for the positioning of the Plymold brand in the market, driving revenue growth, managing profit margins of customers and markets, and improving best practices in selling capabilities and service delivery to our valued customers.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
1. Designs, develops, and leads Foldcraft’s overall sales efforts focused on securing new customers and managing existing relationships.
2. Oversees all sales and customer support teams, as well as manages expectations of external sales channels to maximize Foldcraft’s sales efforts throughout all segments of our marketplace.
3. Develops, designs, and executes on corporate sales programs including identifying and selecting dealers, representatives or other channels to maximize Foldcraft’s exposure within the marketplace.
4. Works with the marketing department to develop digital and physical materials that facilitate closing on new business.
5. Leads in the management, development, and production of service standards for customer support and sales deliverables.
6. Builds and maintains relationships with new and existing customers, sales representatives, and other key relationships via personal meetings, telephone, and e-mail; actively participates in trade shows and promotions.
7. Develops sales processes, strategies and materials to be used when engaging with potential customers, designers, architects, dealers, and end users.
8. Investigates and resolves customer issues that could not be resolved by direct reports; communicates customer service or product complaints to Executive team as necessary.
9. Develops a working relationship with Production and other internal departments to deliver the most efficient customer care and service; serves as liaison between Production and customers as necessary.
10. Accountable for the development of annual sales budgets and monthly sales forecasting.
11. Develops and manages to departmental expense budgets.
1. Lead the marketing team in designing and implementing Foldcraft’s marketing strategy.
2. Ensuring alignment between the company’s marketing and sales strategies.
3. Maintain and enhance the value and position of Plymold’s brand, and the integrity of Plymold’s brand standards.
4. Develop pricing strategies to maximize profits and ensure customer satisfaction.
5. Lead the development of new products and services and the successful launch of these products in the marketplace.
6. Lead the development and growth of Foldcraft’s digital assets.
Serves as business leader within the Foldcraft Corporation
a. Serves as member of the Executive Team.
b. Leads and develops the sales and customer support teams to ensure strategic, tactical and consistent administration of best practices, procedures, and policies of Foldcraft.
c. Collaborates on and participates in the development and implementation of company-wide projects and initiatives as assigned by the CEO.
d. Ensures compliance with all policies and procedures through regular management and staff meetings; meets with direct reports to maintain a high level of understanding and cooperation within each department.
e. Ensures compliance with all policies and procedures through attendance at all Sales and Executive meetings.
f. Participates in the selection and on-boarding of new employees within the sales and customer support departments; actively involved in the proper training and development of new employees.
g. Other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required demands include:
• Must be able to sit at desk for an eight-hour shift (with intermittent movement)
• Occasionally will be required to lift objects up to 50 pounds
• Full use of arms and hands to reach overhead, forward, and out to the sides to lift, rotate, carry, etc. wood products, tools, and equipment
• See, hear and communicate with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions
• Must be alert and aware of surrounding for safety concerns
ABOUT THE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
As Foldcraft Co. is a manufacturer of furniture, the employee-owner could also be exposed to dust, various temperatures, fumes and loud noise in the manufacturing setting. Due to periodic time spent on the manufacturing floor, the employee-owner must be able to tolerate some exposure to these work place characteristics. The employee-owner must also follow allow company safety procedures, including wearing required personal protective equipment while on the production floor.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent experience required; Master’s Degree or advanced education a plus
• 8+ years of hands-on sales management experience
• Prior experience managing national accounts required
• Solid working knowledge or ability to quickly become familiar with Foldcraft’s broad product line
• Entrepreneurial attitude and familiarity with the strategies and tactics needed to develop and grow new business opportunities
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of sales strategies
• A collaborative work style, with a strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with internal customers/co-workers of diverse backgrounds
• Proven track record of delegating and directing to meet and exceed results
• Focused on providing ongoing formal and informal training to drive career development of direct reports
• Willingness to continuously learn and improve
• Approachability, positivity, professionalism, creativity and high energy a must
• Must maintain safe maintenance practices and adhere to safety requirements
• The incumbent must reside within a reasonable distance of the Minnesota corporate location
• Travel: up to 50%
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Foldcraft reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at their discretion. The job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.