Reports To: Inventory Coordinator
Reporting Employees: None
Work Schedule: Typical hours 6:00 am - 2:30 pm or 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, Monday - Friday with overtime pending business need
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
The employee-owner is responsible for performing a variety of jobs involved in warehousing functions. Employee-owners will be cross-trained in multiple areas of these operations to improve the safety, quality, delivery and cost performance of Foldcraft.
The employee-owner(s) reports to the Inventory Coordinator. The employee-owner may provide training to other operators as needed.
essential job responsibilities
- Performs shipping and/or receiving activities for Warehouse operations including but not limited to; running daily delivery due lists for scheduled and future shipping activity and coordinating shipment processing with material handlers and carriers, including pick lists, pack lists, and BOL for shipments and transfer orders; reviews pending shipments for late or missing material and need by date reporting and coordinate with purchasing and production.
- Ensures the quality of finished goods inventory is maintained through proper inspection, handling, and storage.
- Pulls and stages finished goods for loading and shipment, ensuring total accuracy of shipment (product, total piece count, labels, etc.); schedule truck call-ins.
- Loads customer orders with correct placement to facilitate carrier delivery needs and per carrier contract agreements, ensuring product quality is maintained during transport.
- Processes and closes shipments in ERP System including BOL, manifests, late shipment reporting.
- Processes parcel shipments (UPS) online.
- Reviews expected PO receipt reports to assist in work planning and space allocation.
- Receives supplier shipments and transfer orders, physically and in ERP system.
- Responsible for organizing, labeling, how and where materials are stored. Creating an efficient system and keeping a clean warehouse.
- Unloads semi-trailers, trucks, and vans safely through the use of a forklift and/or pallet jacks.
- Verifies supplier pack lists to appropriate PO and order quantity and work with Purchasing on any discrepancies, including searching ERP by supplier and date for appropriate PO, and updating PO quantities per established guidelines.
- Deliver and issue materials and tools to the factory floor on the scheduled need date.
- Performs material transactions including but not limited to issuing materials, adjusting inventory levels, transferring materials, etc.
- Performs accurate physical cycle counts with reporting, including review stock levels for reorder.
- Performs critical kitting tasks including but not limited to: ensuring that there is an adequate supply of hardware to complete kits for customer orders; creates and packs kits for manufacturing and outbound shipments.
- Communicate company regulations to carrier drivers and ensure they understand expectations.
- Ability to inspect incoming and outgoing materials, and report defects with training and support from Quality.
- Marks all hazardous waste materials per OSHA requirements, with required dots before moving materials
- Empty all dumpsters throughout the work day, as needed
- Complete and close reports for manufacturing.
- Coordinating with Purchasing and Production at risk production jobs.
- Ability to assist in training others and verify the quality of a trainee’s work.
- Other duties as assigned
physical requirements of the job
To perform this job successfully, the employee-owner must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The demands described here are representative of those an employee-owner encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Required demands include:
- Manual dexterity -- Ability to be able to move your hands quickly to grasp, manipulate, or assemble
- Extent Flexibility -- The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Typically bends, stoops, and turns/pivots to move perform production activities.
- Trunk Strength -- The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
- Static Strength -- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects up to 70 pounds on a rare basis, 21-50 pounds occasionally, and up to 20 pounds on a frequent basis. Typically pushes, pulls, and grasps wood products to complete production tasks.
- Stamina -- The ability to exert yourself physically over long periods of time without getting winded or out of breath; must be able to walk/stand for 10-12 hours per day.
- Dynamic Strength -- The ability to exert muscle force repeatedly or continuously over time. This involves muscular endurance and resistance to muscle fatigue.
- Multi-limb Coordination -- The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting or standing. Typically requires full use of arms and hands to reach overhead, forward, and out to the sides to lift, rotate, carry, etc. wood products and/or tools.
- Gross Body Coordination -- The ability to coordinate the movement of your arms, legs, and torso together when the whole body is in motion while performing production functions.
- See, Hear and Communicate -- Sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Education: GED or High School Diploma preferred.
- Experience: 1+ year solid work history with prior experience within lean manufacturing setting preferred.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal as you will be communicating both inside and outside the company daily.
- Act like an employee-owner by fulfilling the commitments you make, treating everyone with the respect they deserve, promoting positive team performance and effective work performances and upholding the values of an employee-owner through words and actions
- Prior forklift experience required or willingness to learn required.
- Ability to work alone or as a team employee-owner with minimal supervision.
- Willing to work overtime as needed, and be able to work well under the pressure of deadlines.
- Adheres to established standard work process and fully understands established quality standards to assure company quality guidelines.
- Follows and adheres to all safety policies, including maintaining a safe and organizes work area.
- Actively submits suggestions that will improve standard operations and process instruction documents; contributes to and utilizes 5S principles on a daily basis.
- Demonstrable cognitive ability to read words and numbers in English, follow verbal and written instructions in English, and work independently; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in units of measure to 1/16”.
- Solid working knowledge of personal computers and applications including Microsoft Outlook,
- Word, and Excel. Capable of quickly becoming proficient with Foldcraft Co ERP systems.
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual performance.
- The employee-owner must reside within a reasonable distance of assigned location.
- Travel: Must be willing to travel to other Minnesota manufacturing operations utilizing company vehicle as requested.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Foldcraft Co. reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at their discretion. The job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.