Foldcraft Awarded Grant Worth Over $170,000
Posted on June 11, 2014
On June 9, 2014, Foldcraft was awarded a training grant for $173,976 through the Minnesota Jobs Skills Partnership (MJSP) program in collaboration with Dakota County Technical College. MJSP works with businesses and educational institutions to train employees, expand work opportunities, and keep high-quality jobs in Minnesota.
The training program will provide Foldcraft employee-owners opportunities to continue to grow sales by fostering an environment of highly skilled and cross-trained individuals. This training will better position Foldcraft for competition within its industry, both nationally and internationally, and preserve work in communities where the company operates.
The training program will include:
- Upholstery and Industrial Sewing Skills
- Computer-Aided Design Skills (Solidworks 3D Parametric Design Technology)
- Basic Skills for the Production Team in Mathematics Measurement and Blueprint Reading
- Advanced Computer Skills
- Negotiations Skills for Sales and Sourcing Staff
- Leadership, Coaching, and Training the Trainers
Training sessions are expected to kick off as early as August 2014 and will continue over the next 2-3 years.