The Purchasing Assistant – Employee Owner will partner with the Buyers, Inventory Coordinators, and Corporate Purchasing Manager to purchase the appropriate materials and supplies needed for Plymold in a timely fashion while considering price and maintaining minimum levels of inventory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
These responsibilities are in no order of importance.
• Respond to purchasing suggestions in the ERP system, Buy Cards, and manual requests to purchase supply and maintenance items, verifying appropriate amount of said material is available and optimize requirements of material for order placement or stock reduction; All purchases are to be from approved vendors.
• Responsible for confirming pricing and delivery for PO’s and bringing repeat issues to Corporate Purchasing Manager or appropriate Buyer.
• Responsible for selecting the most cost-effective freight option for Purchase Orders. All Air Freight requirements are to be approved by the Corporate Purchasing Manager.
• Responsible for communicating materials that will not meet the due date to Scheduling and updating the At-Risk Reports for expected material deliveries.
• Data entry including updating pricing for materials into the ERP system and part entry, and part maintenance items as needed.
• Assist in the organization and labeling of the inventory as needed; complete cycle counts and assist with full physical inventories as needed.
• Complete Inventory transactions related to Cycle Counts and Move Tickets in the ERP system.
• Work collaboratively with Team Leads, Operators, Warehouse Team Members, Buyers, and Inventory Coordinator to reach inventory accuracy goals.
• Forwards any concerns or questions unable to address to the Corporate Purchasing Manager or appropriate Buyer promptly.
• Crosstrain to assist in various areas of the warehouse operations as needed to support business needs.
• Other duties/projects as assigned.
The work environment for this position is primarily in an office setting. As Plymold is a manufacturer of a variety of products the incumbent could be exposed to dust, various temperatures, fumes, and loud noise in the manufacturing setting. Due to periodic time spent on the manufacturing floor, the incumbent must be able to tolerate some exposure to these workplace characteristics. The incumbent must also follow company safety procedure, including wearing required personal protecting equipment, and following proper pedestrian/ forklift awareness procedures while on the production floor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required demands include:
• Must be able to sit at desk for an eight-hour shift (with intermittent movement)
• Occasionally will be required to lift objects up to 50 pounds
• Full use of arms and hands to reach overhead, forward, and out to the sides to lift, rotate, carry, etc.
• See, hear, and communicate with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions
• Must be alert and aware of surrounding for safety concerns
• Education: High school degree or equivalent required preferred technical or vocational education.
• Experience: A minimum of 1 to 2 years purchasing experience, preferably with a manufacturing company.
• Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills, ability to multi-task, effective organizational skills, and strong attention to detail.
• Participates in cost improvement and savings initiatives for purchased materials and services.
• Proven experience working independently; strong organizational skills and demonstrated attention to detail
• Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse environment with all levels of employees, including the ability to train others on purchasing processes
• Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
• Ability to problem solve and identify solutions for day-to-day issues with little assistance
• Knowledge of personal computers and office machinery. Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word; capable of quickly becoming proficient with Plymold Enterprise Resource Systems (ERP) systems
• Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language, professional verbal, and written communication skills with internal and external customers.
• Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual performance.
• Must maintain safe maintenance practices and adhere to safety requirements
• The incumbent must reside within a reasonable distance of the Kenyon, MN area to service this location
• Travel: Infrequent travel typically less than 5% of the time